Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mets Are At Five Hundred And I'm Fine With That

After Saturday's 8-5 loss to the Dodgers, I've decided not to think of the Mets as a playoff contending team. Prior to the All-Star Break, they were a legitimate ball club with a legitimate shot at the post-season. Now, losers of nine out of their last eleven games, I'm unable to move forward as a Mets fan with the notion that they will be contending for a playoff spot. So something has to give - no more playoff talk, trade deadline talk, or second Wild Card talk.

To help keep my sanity, keep me from hurting myself and others, and just allow myself to enjoy a baseball game without anxiety, nausea, or utter despair, I've opted to look only for the bright spots, David Wright's MVP-caliber season, Ruben Tejada's maturation at the plate, RA Dickey's pursuit of a 20-win season, to name a few. From here on out, I will expect nothing more than a season of ups-and-downs, day-in-and-day-out. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment