Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Will Bay Benching Lead to a Break-Out?

Jason Bay is back in the Mets starting lineup tonight against the Brewers.

During last night's broadcast, I mentioned to fellow Met fan Rich Rivera that aside from switching out O'Connor for Manny Acosta in the bullpen the only change Collins has made since that infamous blow-out has been his benching of Bay on Sunday night.

After saying that, this is what Rich had to say, "I don't think that's long-term, just trying something different, giving him [Bay] back-to-back days off, in hopes that he comes into the Milwaukee series with some separation from his troubles."

"I don't think it's a terrible idea, I'm still a believer in Jason Bay, I think he's too good of a ball player...I feel like he still has that one game that sets off a couple of good games, I would like to see back-to-back RBI games."

There you go, some reason to continue to watch and wait for Bay to break-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment