Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mets Fans Need Reyes More Than Ever

After reading Joe Janish's take on last night's 6-3 win over the Dodgers, I left a comment.

I was at the game Friday night and let me tell you, when Reyes legged out his second triple, the Mets were down by one at the time and the first thing that popped into my head was that if the Mets are unable to come back and win this game, I believed that the fans in attendance wouldn't have felt upset by a loss because of what they had seen from Reyes up until that point

that's why you have to keep this guy, even if the team is playing poorly, his style of play puts, to be frank, asses in the seats


Here's another comment I left on Kerel Cooper of On The Black's recap of the Mets second straight victory.

At the game on Friday night, Reyes was electric, the guy can flat-out play when he's healthy, I understand that it's par for the course these days for front offices to let their big-name players dangle out there on the diamond during their walk year, not sure if I buy into that philosophy

the more and more I see Reyes play, the more I realize that he is a very special player

No comments:

Post a Comment