Friday, April 16, 2010

Beltran’s Return Unknown

As per the Star-Ledger, Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz confirmed today that Carlos Beltran has not been cleared by doctors to start running and has not resumed baseball activities. With that said, it is looking more and more likely that Beltran will not be making his projected return to the ball club which was scheduled for some time in mid-May.

According to Horowitz, Beltran has not experienced any setbacks but that he is still however in a rehabilitation stage.

After the Mets’ final spring training game, on April 1, Beltran said: “I don’t want to talk about when I can come back because I don’t know yet. When I run, than that can give me an idea of where I am. Right now it’s hard for me to say because I haven’t run.”

Now I see why GM Omar Minaya and the Mets front office made such a stink over Beltran’s decision to undergo surgery on his knee back in January. They probably felt that something like this was going to happen. Horwitz confirmed that this was not considered a setback.

If this is not a setback, than why didn’t the medical staff just say from the get-go that Beltran probably wouldn’t be back until June…if he’s lucky.

AC Wayne hosts the New York baseball blogtalkradio show, Mets Public Record.

No comments:

Post a Comment